All the basketball world can do now is wait. Wait and hold it's collective breath as the most powerful player in sports, also known as LeBron James, mulls over which team he'll play for starting this fall. Will he return to the Heat or take his talents back to northeast Ohio?
No statement was issued by James following his meeting in Las Vegas Wedensday night with Pat Riley. You can be damn sure that Cavs fans would love a decision type announement if James decided to return to Cleveland.
If Heat fans and clamoring for any sign of good news, I would point to the fact that numerous media outlets are reporting that James has no face to face meetings scheduled with any team, including Cleveland. While nothing is set in stone, I would find it hard to believe that James would sign a contract with any team unless he met its management behind closed doors to hammer out the final details of a pact.
Chris Bosh is now waiting for James to make a decision as much as anyone. Bosh is now on the clock. Let me explain. Shortly after midnight in the early hours of Thursday, the Dallas Mavericks signed Houston forward Chandler Parsons to a 3 year/$46M offer sheet. Houston now has until 11:59 Sunday night to match it.
Multiple reports have Bosh bolting the Heat for the Rockets if James decides to leave Miami. The deal is for four years in the $85-88M range. Because of salary cap restrictions. in order for Houston to ink Bosh and match the Parsons offer, signing Bosh to a deal must be done first.
So now Bosh has to decide by late Sunday night whether to re-up to Miami---something he'll surely do if James returns to the Heat--or sign on with the Rockets. Should James still be undecided late on Sunday, Bosh will have to make his decision before LeBron does.
So the basketball universe now waits for James to make up his mind. I can't help but hear that "60 minutes' intro of "Tick tock tick tock tick tock tick tock"